The SPR 1000 is a closed loop electronic pressure regulator with an integrated high performance volume booster (5000 Nl/min @ 6 bar power stage), able to convert a variable analog or digital input signal (current, voltage, key-pad, RS-232) into a proportional pneumatic output and maintain with precision a required downstream pressure. Equipped with an 8 bit microcontroller, it can process signals and commands, carry out complex functions and easily interface with other control/monitor systems via serial RS- 232, perfectly integrating in applications which had required more elaborate and expensive systems up till now. The compact and functional design, overall per-formances and reliability make for an effortless integration in any advanced pneumatic system that requires an active component quickly adaptable to any specific requirement. The input signal, which may be analog (0-5 V, 0-10 V, 4-20 mA) or digital (serial RS-232, keypad/display), is processed by the microcontroller and converted into a proportional pressure output (0-7 bar or optional 0-12 bar) by using PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) controlled high-speed solenoid valves for feed and exhaust functions. An integrated pressure sensor continuously monitors the output pressure of the SPR 1000 providing a feedback to the controller that compares this value to the desired set point, which is set by the input signal. Thus any variation of the output pressure can be quickly and precisely compensated in order to maintain the requested downstream pressure. This closed loop system has a reaction time of less than 5 ms. In addition, the SPR 1000 may supply an analog output in proportion to the downstream pressure.
The SPR 1000 is available in two basic versions:
- SPR 1000A equipped with analog/digital input interface (0-5 V, 0-10 V, 4-20 mA*, RS-232) and status LED
- SPR 1000D equipped with analog/digital input interface (0-5 V, 0-10 V, 4-20 mA*, RS-232), keypad/display user interface, status LED.
*Available upon request.
The SPR 1000 may normally be used in any high flow rate industrial application which requires quickly adjusting and maintaining with precision a pressure value setting in order to easily manage complex processes or functions. These include positioning, tensioning, movement, speed and force control in robotic equipments, tensioning sys-tems, testing devices, winding devices, dispensing systems, welding equipments, clamping devices, etc. within food, automotive, textile, paper, packaging and machine tools industries.
- Compact size and hard wearing, designed to meet IP65 requirements in any severe industrial environments
- Very fast response times for a precise and reliable output pressure regulation
- Unaffected by shocks, vibrations or accelerations. Can be installed at any angle
- Quickly adaptable to any specific requirement with programmable configuration
- Easy to read digital display for output pressure visualization and user settings
- Low power consumption. No air consumption in steady condition
- Remote control through serial RS-232
Tel: +421 37 7777 950
Mobile: +421 903 282 393
Fax: +421 37 7777 969