Think you know profile linear guides?
Check out our helpful how-to videos.
Sometimes a website, brochure, or phone chat can't properly communicate or demonstrate a technology, product feature, or other idea. Here are the Thomson Tech Tips videos.
Our latest additions to the library cover our profile rail linear guides and can help you better understand how to select or use these products. Click on the images below to view each video individually or visit our full library of technical videos.
What is Accuracy Class and why is it important to the performance of your Thomson Profile Rail?
What is preload and why is it important to the performance of your Thomson profile rail?
Thomson Profile Rail Guides
The Thomson Profile Rail assortment consists of the next generation Profile Rail 500 Series ball and roller linear guides, AccuMini, compact miniature MicroGuideTM, and lightweight T-Series. It is a complete offering of rails and carriages in a broad range of styles, sizes and unique features produced to industry standard dimensions for easy retrofitting into existing applications or designing into new applications.
- Thomson 500 series ball linear guides provide long life, exceptional rigidity, high dynamic and static load capacities, and accommodation for high moment loads, high running accuracy, multiple sealing options and multiple lubrication inlet options. The resulting reduction in vibration extends machine and tool life and has a direct effect on operational efficiency.
- 500 series ball profile rail carriages are now available with ball spacer elements that significantly reduce the running noise of the carriage. The noise reduction is achieved by inserting plastic discs between each ball bearing. This reduces noise by preventing the balls from contacting each other.
- The Thomson 500 series roller linear guide offers higher load carrying capacity, lower elastic deformation and lower wear with minimum rolling friction. Rigidity is achieved by using the equivalent of a back-to-back bearing arrangement, complemented by special rollers that are crowned to prevent roller edge loading when misalignment is present.
- Thomson's AccuMini linear guides offer a superior, patented ball control design for smooth, quiet, low friction linear motion even at high speeds. AccuMini's Gothic arch ball groove geometry provides high roll moment capacity - a requirement for stand-alone applications.
- Thomson's MicroGuide® is a miniature guidance system that provides corrosion resistance in certain clean room and wash down applications. MicroGuide's two track Gothic arch ball groove geometry enables single rail application.
- T-Series is an aluminium guidance system using hardened steel inserts in carriages and rails to provide a low-weight solution for critical, high performance applications. This high quality product is made from aircraft aluminium alloy with hardened steel load bearing plates and ball paths and is an ideal choice for applications requiring reduced weight inertia.
Thomson profile guide
The Thomson profile guide range consists of the next generation of Profile RailSeries 500 ball and roller linear guides, compact miniature MicroGuide (TM) and lightweight T-Series. It is a complete range of guides and trolleys in a wide range of different types, sizes and unique features, manufactured to industry standards for easy retrofitting to existing applications or for design into new applications.
- The Thomson 500 Series Linear Ball Guide provides long life, exceptional rigidity, high dynamic and static load capacity, high torque load adaptation, high motion accuracy, multiple sealing capabilities and multiple lubrication holes. The result is reduced vibration, which prolongs machine and tool life and directly affects operating efficiency.
- The 500 Series Ball Profile Trolleys are now available with ball spacers that significantly reduce the truck's operating noise. Noise reduction is achieved by inserting plastic discs between each ball bearing. Noise is reduced by the limited contact between the individual balls.
- The Thomson 500 Series Linear Roller Guide offers higher load capacity, lower elastic deformation and lower wear with minimal rolling friction. Stiffness is achieved by using the equivalent of a "back to back" arrangement complemented by special rollers that are convex to prevent the roller edge from being loaded in the event of misalignment.
- Thomson 400 Series Linear Ball Guide provides long life, exceptional rigidity, high dynamic and static load capacity, adaptability to high torque loads, high accuracy of movement, multiple sealing capability and multiple lubrication holes. The result is reduced vibration, which prolongs machine and tool life and directly affects operating efficiency.
- ThomsonAccuMini Linear Guide offers a state-of-the-art patented ball control design for smooth, quiet, low-friction linear motion even at high speeds. AccuMini Gothic Arc Ball Groove Geometry Provides High Rolling Torque Capacity - Required for Standalone Applications
- ThomsonMicroGuide® is a miniature guide system that provides corrosion resistance in certain clean rooms and flushing applications. The two-groove MicroGuide geometry in the shape of a gothic arc allows for a single-line application.
- The T-Series is an aluminum guidance system that uses hardened steel inserts in trolleys and guides to provide an easy solution for critical and high-performance applications. This high-quality product is made of aviation aluminum, with support plates and hardened steel ball tracks, and is an ideal choice for applications that require inertial mass reduction.
Tel.: +421 37 7777 923
Mobile: +421 903 575 748
Fax: +421 37 7777 928